Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wicked Wednesday #41 - Famous Monsters

Hello all - small turnout last week but of course we have our faithful players and we love all of you soooo much!  We really enjoy visiting your blogs every week and seeing what you come up with.  Thanks so much for coming back every week!  :)

First up, let's get to the winner from last week's Summer Wedding challenge!  The winner of one digi image from Just Some Lines is....

 Congrats Melissa SunshineHoney Bee!  Send me an e-mail to JennBorj@yahoo.com with "WW #40 Winner" in the subject line and let me know which image you'd like from the JSL store (link here), I'll get that sent right out to you.  :)

Our top 3 for last week are:

1.) Tina

Congrats, girls! Send me an e-mail to JennBorj@yahoo.com with "WW Top 3" in the subject line, and I'll send along your badge.

Our new challenge theme this week is...

Famous Monsters!!!

Our sponsor this week is the spooktacular:

You can click the badge/image to go to their store or click here for their Etsy store.  The prize for one random winner this week is their choice of 2 images from the Famous Monsters collections at Strange Skin.

Let's get to our samples for the week!  My ATC uses Frankenstein's Monster, I printed him directly onto some text paper and colored with Prismacolor markers.  I layered him onto more text paper sprayed with black Smooch Spritz and added some screw brads:

Chelsea used Dracula, love that batty background:

Denice used Freddy, from "A Nightmare on Elm Street" and I gotta tell you, Freddy really freaks me out (as a teen of the '80's, how could he not?!?):

Kim used the fabulously freaky Mr. Hyde, who just speaks for himself with that crazy look in his eye:

Sharon used the Mummy, and I love that little piece of muslin (?) she used behind him, and that cool cross is the perfect touch:

And last, but certainly not least, is our guest designer this week - Jen from Jen's Uncharted Territory!  Thank you so much for joining us this week, Jen, we love seeing your creations every week and I'm glad I've gotten to know you!  Jen also used the Mummy and really did a cool job layering the fabric across her ATC to resemble the mummy's layers:

We hope you will join us this week - any famous monster will do!  Use your imaginations and consider combining our challenge with one of the other fabulously freaky challenge blogs out there like Haunted Design House or Smudgy Antics (just remember -we have a limit of 5 additional challenges to link up with if you want to be considered for the prize or top 3 here).  Peace.

8 comments:

  1. Happy to have won Wicked Wed Ch40 Anniv/Wedd with my whimsy "HELP It's a Summer Wedding!" ATC. Emailed you my digi choice from the JSL store. Cool Monster ATCs.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah so exciting, congrats to all the winners amazing cards....thanks jenn you have awesome challenges

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://kiehn10.blogspot.com/2012/07/famous-monsters.html

    ok the link liked me at least 1 time

    heres my link jenn...lol thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you ladies have done with our digis! Everyone cards look so great! Thank you all for playing, and thank you for letting us sponsor you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies for doing such a great job with our digis! Everyone's cards came out amazing! Thank you so much for letting us sponsor you, you're all awesome! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great monsters girls, I'm shaking in my boots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I decided on a Pixar Monster from Monster Inc. as in Sulley and used a Shadow/Silhouette image on my ATC using The Best of Pixar Cricut cartridge. I'm looking forward to the new Monster Ince. movie coming out next yr where the Monsters go to college.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - love the DT samples. Thank you for the "famous monster" challenge!

    ReplyDelete